Since our products are completely unprocessed and natural (raw hair), some bundles may appear drier than others. Sometimes it simply needs to be moistened for it to revitalize. Our hair is specially hand-picked for you, from some of the highest quality hair available on the market today. We do a double quality check for each bundle before they are sent out to ensure the highest quality. Once cared for properly all of the hair we send out will look as flawless as the pictures represented on our website, and social media platforms.
There are several factors can contribute to the dryness of hair:
- Type of water used, hard water can leave hair looking dry and damaged.
- Types of hair products used. Most women in India, Cambodia etc., do not or have the means to use high quality hair care products regularly.
- Regions in India, hotter conditions and can dry out hair and leave ends looking dry and split. Adding moisture back to the hair will bring it back to life.
Caring for Ondibu Hair
There’s an easy and foolproof remedy for common hair extension issues like dryness, or tangling and matting (which is least unlikely, but we’ll throw it in there). We highly encourage all of our customers to follow these pre-installation requirements before installation of their hair, and after installation on a weekly basis to ensure the highest quality outcome from your new hair.
Brush out all knots. Brush from the bottom up.
- Wet the hair with lukewarm water.
- If you are someone who co-washes, please skip step 3. (But please be advised that you should shampoo at least 1x per month to remove buildup on the hair.
- Shampoo the hair with a quarter sized amount of sulfate free shampoo.
- Rinse the shampoo/conditioner with warm water.
QUICK TIP:Warm water helps open the cuticle and prepares the hair for the next step.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner, run your fingers through the hair from the top down. Scrunch the ends with conditioner. This will remedy split ends with ease.
QUICK TIP:Comb the conditioner through with a wide tooth comb or paddle brush.
- Rinse the conditioner out with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with a towel. Do not rub the hair to dry it, gently pat.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair. Wet hair tangles easily and can cause other complications to your natural hair and scalp.
- Please brush the hair out and place it into 1-2 braids or twist and wrap your hair with a satin bonnet or scarf.
- Recommendation: Satin pillowcases are also the best for your hair. Cotton dries out the hair and causes friction, which can create split ends.
For extra added care please follow these steps:
- For best results, apply a leave-in conditioner every week.
- Perform a deep conditioning at least once a month.
- The hair will tell you when it needs to be washed. However, our recommendation is one time per week. If you’re a raw hair pro, please follow these steps as you please.
A routine hair care regimen is vital for proper upkeep of our products. The more you take care of your hair, the better you protect your investment... Ultimately leading to a happier you.